ST Forum: Why this gay is for keeping Section 377A (Oct 27)

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Oct 27, 2007
Why this gay is for keeping Section 377A

PRIME Minister Lee Hsien Loong made the right decision to keep Section 377A of the Penal Code, a law criminalising gay sex.

As a gay Singaporean, I agree that keeping Section 377A would maintain the social status quo and harmony.

Gay activists are trying to push the gay lifestyle to mainstream society. I do not agree with the activists' stand and I believe there is a silent majority of gay people who chose to keep quiet about the drama surrounding the bid to repeal Section 377A.

I live my gay life discreetly and I am happy to have been able to do so without any legal interference pertaining to my homosexuality for the past 30 years.

Singapore is a good place for a gay man to live in, as long as one understands the social contract involved and respects the mainstream's wish to have the traditional family unit as the social norm.

Aggressive promotion or campaigning for gay rights is counter-productive and I am strongly against such action.

Goh Kim Soon

A DISCREET LIFE FOR PAST 30 YEARS

I live my gay life discreetly and I am happy to have been able to do so without any legal interference pertaining to my homosexuality for the past 30 years.

0 comments: