Sir Ian McKellen Mocks at Singapore's Gay Laws (Oct 20)

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Sir Ian McKellen Mocks at Singapore's Gay Laws


Sir Ian McKellen found Singapore's gay laws annoying and decided to mock it by asking for a bar for homosexuals while being interviewed on TV.

McKellen, who announced decades ago that he is a homosexual, was in Singapore for a performance, reports contactmusic.com.

I was rather naughty because I was on an early morning show, the sort of show that happens all over the world on TV, where you get a couple who are clearly not married or related that flirt all the time, usually an older man with a younger woman."

He added: "At the end of the interview, they asked what was I looking forward to doing while I was in Singapore. And I looked at the man, who was clearly straight, and said, `Can you recommend any decent gay bars?' which would be illegal in every possible way. I looked at the playback of the programme afterwards and I've never seen the credits come up (on the screen) so quickly."

Source-IANS
SPH/C

0 comments: