ST Online Forum: Sympathy for NMP threatened with harm (Nov 9)

Friday, November 9, 2007

Sympathy for NMP threatened with harm

I REFER to the article, 'NMP Thio files 2nd police report after getting threat' (ST, Nov 8). I am sorry that Prof Thio Li-ann has to endure harassment from threats issued under the cloak of anonymity. I was impressed by Prof Thio's speech in Parliament against repealing Section 377A of the Penal Code, a law criminalising gay sex.

I admire her courage in speaking up for the many (especially those with young children) who are petrified at the prospect of an uncertain, unfamiliar social setting without S377A. I thank her for speaking up for my family, my friends and others who wished we could fight our case as eloquently and passionately.

Like Mr Stuart Koe, co-organiser of the unsuccessful petition to repeal S377A, I hope that the culprits will be brought to justice.

Lim Su-Fern (Ms)

0 comments: